Terms And Conditions Of Using Our Website
1. This website promotes the business (Lunch House) referred to on it. In these conditions, the business will be referred to as ‘we’ and/or ‘our’. Lunch House operates the website www.lunchhouse.ae.
2. A wide range of intellectual property rights are used in and relating to this website, including:
- the trademarks and logos;
- the design, text, graphics and other content of the web pages on this website, together with all the web addresses associated with those web pages; and
- All the software used in relation to this website.
3. We are the owner or the authorized licensee of these intellectual property rights. You agree not to copy any content (including images) on this website without our consent.
About the Conditions
4. If you access or use any part of this website you agree to these conditions. If you do not want to agree to these conditions, do not access or use this website.
5. We may change these conditions at any time without giving you notice. Please check these conditions from time to time for any changes. By continuing to use the website you agree to all the changes we make to these conditions.
Use of Website
7. You cannot use this website:
- to send spam;
- to harm, threaten, abuse or harass another person, or in a way that invades someone’s privacy or is (in our reasonable opinion) offensive or is unacceptable or damaging to us, our customers or suppliers;
- to create, check, confirm, update or amend your own or someone else’s databases, records, directories, customer lists, mailing or prospecting lists;
- to tamper with, update or change any part of the website;
- in a way that affects how it is run;
- using any automated means to monitor or copy the website or its content, or to interfere with or attempt to interfere with how the website works.
8. “Catering Services” means the Catering Services set out in the Agreement together with any Additional Services to be provided to the Customer by Rhubarb under the terms of the Agreement.
9. “Event Plan is the description or specification of the Services provided in writing by Lunch House to the Customer including the cost summary applicable for such Services.
10. Facilities means the facilities and/or equipment to be provided by or on behalf of the Customer at the Premises on the Event Date.
Catering Terms and Conditions
11. Each Order for Catering Services placed by the Customer with Lunch House shall be deemed to be an offer by the Customer to purchase Catering Services subject to these Terms and Conditions.
12. When an Order is placed by the Customer, Lunch House shall issue a quote in respect of such Order (which shall include the Event Plan).
13. Any quotation is given on the basis that it is not an offer capable of acceptance and is only valid for a period of 60 Business Days from its date of issue.
14. If the Customer wishes to modify an Order (including changes to numbers of guests), it is entitled to do so provided such request to modify is provided in writing no less than 5 Business Days prior to the Event Date. If the Order is so amended by the Customer, a revised quote shall be issued by Lunch House.
15. These Terms and Conditions apply to the Catering Services provided by Lunch House to the Customer and any variation to these Terms and Conditions and any representations about the Catering Services shall have no effect unless set out in the Agreement or as expressly agreed in writing and signed by Lunch House.
16. Lunch House shall be responsible for: –
- providing the Catering Services in accordance with the Event Plan in all material effects at the Premises on the Event Date;
- ordering and purchasing of all supplies and equipment (other than the Facilities) used by Lunch House to provide the Catering Services. Such supplies to be ordered in the name and on behalf of Lunch House and not the Customer and shall remain the property of Lunch House;
- choosing, preparing and pricing all food and beverages supplied (subject to reasonable prior consultation with the Customer);
- providing staff as is required for the provision of the Catering Services and all administration relating thereto
- paying all suppliers with whom Lunch House shall enter into contracts
- removing Lunch House materials from the premises after the Event Date ensuring that post event, the Premises are left in at least as clean condition as they were at before the Event Date;
- effecting and maintaining insurance cover in respect of the following risks arising from the provision of the Catering Services.
17. Any rates, prices and discounts stated in catalogues, lists, mail shots, advertisements and other documents issued by Lunch House are subject to variation at any time without prior notice.
18. Additional Services
- At any time not less than 7 days prior to the Event Date, the Customer may submit a written request to Lunch House for the provision of Additional Services.
19. Lunch House shall not have any liability under or be deemed to be in breach of the Agreement for any delays or failures in performance of this Agreement which result from circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Lunch House. Lunch House shall promptly notify the Customer in writing when such circumstances cause a delay or failure in performance.
20. Neither party excludes or limits liability to the other party for death, personal injury or fraud. Lunch House does not exclude liability for: –
- breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and by section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (title and quiet possession);
- breach of the terms implied by sections 13, 14 and 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and sections 3, 4 and 5 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples); and
- defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
21. Any advice or recommendation given by Lunch House or its employees shall be followed or acted upon entirely at the Customer’s risk.
22. Lunch House does not accept responsibility for lost, missing or damaged items in cloakrooms.
23. Food and/or catering staff, if notice to cancel is given: –
- within 7 days prior to the Event Date, the Customer shall pay Lunch House an amount equal to 100% of the relevant cost quoted in the signed Order; or
- more than 7 days prior to the Event Date, the Customer shall pay to Lunch House an amount equal to 50% of the relevant cost quoted in the signed Order.
- defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
24. Ensuring that Lunch House is fit for purpose and meets the agreed requirements of the Customer as specified in the Order.
25. Taking all reasonable steps necessary to protect it from damage and to protect any guest at an Event from possible injury or risk.
26. Providing the Customer and its guests with access to Lunch House from the Start Time until the End Time and obtaining, and maintaining, all licences and consents required to provide the Services in accordance with all applicable laws and to host an Event in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
27. The Customer’s Obligations
The Customer shall:
- in advance of publication, submit to the Lunch House Management Team, a draft of any written material, copy, drawing or photographs relating to the Event the Customer proposes to distribute or publish;
- obtain consent from the Lunch House Management Team before any filming or photography takes place in the venue.
- Observe and comply with the reasonable access and usage rules, policies and directions of Lunch House, both prior to and during an Event, provided such rules, policies and directions are notified to the Customer in advance of an Event;
- Observe and comply with the reasonable restrictions imposed by the Lunch House Management Team in relation to any recorded and/or live music and dancing permitted at the Event;
- inform Lunch House at least 5 Business Days prior to the Event of any revised numbers of guests attending an Event. The Customer shall be liable to pay the minimum spend set by Lunch House in relation to the food and beverage element of the Price, regardless of any such revision in guest numbers.
- Conduct an Event in an orderly and safe manner and cease an Event if it becomes apparent that the operation of an Event will cause a risk to the health and safety of guests or any of Lunch House’s property.
- As soon as it becomes aware of any damage, accident or injury connected to an Event to inform Lunch House.
- Not use any of Lunch House’s Intellectual Property Rights on any Event Materials, or any other materials, without the Lunch House’s prior written consent (such consent not to be unreasonably withheld or delayed).
28. Pay the Price in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
29. Ensure that no guests smoke at the Event.
Lunch House Event Management
Event Management may be provided in addition to the provision of the Services. The cost of Event Management is dependent on the requirements for each Event. Such costs shall be itemized and set out in the Order.
31. The Customer may request and the Lunch House Management Team shall provide assistance with lighting and production to create a stylish atmosphere for Events in-keeping with the surroundings.
32. The Lunch House Management Team shall be entitled to request guests to leave the Lunch House premises at any time and shall be entitled to remove anyone from the Lunch House who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol or who, in the Lunch House.
33. In consideration of the provision of the Services, the Customer shall pay the following amounts to Lunch House in cleared funds (and time for payment shall be of essence) in accordance with the following (the “Due Dates”):-
- within 5 Business Days of the date of the relevant Invoice, the Customer shall pay Lunch House a non-refundable amount equal to 100% of the total cost of hire of the Sky Garden;
- within 5 Business Days of the date of the relevant Invoice, the Customer shall pay Lunch House the higher of: i) a non-refundable amount equal to the food and beverage minimum spend payable (if any) as set out in the signed Order or; ii) the 100% of the total cost of the food and beverages element of the Price; and.
- any additional costs incurred during the Event (including but not limited to consumption, overtime, losses and breakages) which shall be invoiced within 14 days of the Event Date and shall be payable by the Customer to Lunch House within 30 days of the date of the relevant Invoice.
34. Intellectual Property-
- All Intellectual Property Rights in or arising out of or in connection with the Services shall be owned by Lunch House.
- Lunch House acknowledges that, in respect of any third party Intellectual Property Rights, Lunch House’s use of any such Intellectual Property Rights is conditional on the Customer obtaining a written licence from the relevant licensor on such terms as will entitle the Customer to license such rights to Lunch House.
- All Lunch House Materials and any Intellectual Property Rights therein are the exclusive property of Lunch House, unless stated otherwise in the Order.
35. Law and Jurisdiction
The Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with UAE law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the UAE courts in respect of any dispute or matter arising out of or connected with the Agreement.